cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't dissappear like I hoped, is this good or bad now? Sprint - Convergent Outsouricing.

tag
Affalterbach
Established Member

Didn't dissappear like I hoped, is this good or bad now? Sprint - Convergent Outsouricing.

Well I ended up paying off Sprint which had Convergent Outsourcing as a bill collector trying to collect on an old account. I paid Sprint directly after finding a few people on here recently that did that and the account dissapeared from their report within a few days or a month or so. Well it's been a little over a week and now this is what is coming up when I look at my report. It went from "potentially negative" to "current closed" but I see it still mentions it was a collection account or something of the sort in there. The "KD" Key Derogetory went to an OK which should be good though I imagine?

How is this effecting my credit/score? I've added a few new C.C.'s that popped up on my report at the same time and I'm waiting to see what my Walmart card FICO score does in another week or two.

This is what I see when I pull up my experian report.

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Didn't dissappear like I hoped, is this good or bad now? Sprint - Convergent Outsouricing.

Send them a GW now.  Get them off there.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
Affalterbach
Established Member

Re: Didn't dissappear like I hoped, is this good or bad now? Sprint - Convergent Outsouricing.

I'm seeing this listed as a collection when I look at the overview of my report still? Can I get that removed since it says its current/closed now?

May see what it comes up as on creditkarma or on the myfico. Trying to see exactly where I'm at now.

Would I GW Sprint or Convergent Outsourcing?

Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 3 of 9
Jutz
Valued Contributor

If you can contact who you spoke to at Sprint, you may want to re-engage them.  Just because it is updated as paid doesn't mean it will improve or affect your score.  Technically you would normally GW the CA, because they are the ones reporting, but you may be able to speak with Sprint because it is so fresh and just recently paid.  They may be able to use their relationship with the CA to have it removed.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You would want to GW whoever is reporting to your CR.

July 2013 score:

Message 5 of 9
xqti254
Established Member

Convergent was fairly easy for me to deal with. They offered no written promise to delete, however, they sadi they would delete once paid. They were true to thier word and deleted the collection from my reports. You may want to contact them and find out what they say about deleting.

Message 6 of 9
Affalterbach
Established Member

Wanted to update this - it DID eventually disappear (over a month but under 2 months) from all three reports leading to a HUGE jump on 2 reports as it was my only negative on those.

Message 7 of 9
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

I had something similar to this - I had a collection on my report (5 actually) and I paid the original creditor. The collections popped up AFTER I paid the OC and were marked as paid. I disputed with the CRAs with proof of payment and they deleted alll 5.

Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Affalterbach wrote:

Wanted to update this - it DID eventually disappear (over a month but under 2 months) from all three reports leading to a HUGE jump on 2 reports as it was my only negative on those.

Good for you!!!!

July 2013 score:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.