Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between a red or grey box titled "potentially negative"

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Difference between a red or grey box titled "potentially negative"

On the experian report.. I have both red a grey boxes titled "potentially negative" I have had 18 removed so far (credit repair) I am afraid the last few, even if paid, the creditor will not be able to remove them.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Difference between a red or grey box titled "potentially negative"

I used to subscribe to services provided by EX like freecreditreport and creditchecktotal. Back in the day, we also used to be able to pull our EX FICO report from here. I found that in comparing the two reports, the "potentially negative", "satisfactory, closed" and other descriptions were totally off base when compared to a FICO report. Even though the reporting was the same, Experian's report would show something as negative and FICO didn't see it that way, or vice-versa. It certainly wasn't like that for all accounts as most were lock-in-step, but Experian would sometimes tell me an account was negative when in fact removing it would have hurt my FICO.

IMO, the best way to judge is to look at your EQ and TU FICO report. Assuming the account looks the same with the same payment history, if your TU and/or EQ FICO report says an account is negative, then it is safe to assume that the EX reporting is viewed as a negative too. And even if it weren't a negative, you'd probably want it off or fixed anyway to help 2 of the 3 reports. Also, any account that is a CA or an OC account listed as a CO or has any late 90 or worse, then it's a major derog and you'd want it off.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.