cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in reporting of judgement and OC balances?

tag
js0319
Established Contributor

Difference in reporting of judgement and OC balances?

My wife has a judgement from a Citibank credit card (Citibank was plantiff) on her CR from 1/2009. Citibank is still reporting this as a TL on her CR as well and every month it continues to report as a key derogotory. The judgement shows $4234, while the TL shows $4552. What exactly does she owe - $4234 or $4552? 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Difference in reporting of judgement and OC balances?

It depends upon what the judge said was the debt at the time of judgment, and the terms he/she placed on satisfaction of the judgment.  Did the judge allow for continued accrual of interest on the debt until the judgment was satisfied?

That is what the trial was all about.  I would dig out a copy of the judgment, and base any dispute upon your full compliance with those terms.

Has the prevailing plaintiff taken any post-judgment measures before the court to secure execution of the terms of the judgment?  Those terms, if any, would further define what is owed and how it is to be paid.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.