Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in scores

tag
fancypants7
Valued Member

Difference in scores

Okay, so understand that my FICO and scores with the CRAs are different, but I pulled my score TU score from several different sources and it is wildly different. CreditKarma is saying its info is from TU with a score of 678, however, Experian (upon pulling all three with their service), says my TU score is 715, and TU from their own website has it at 778 .....and these are all pulled on the same day.

Although my vantage score is 778, so it that what TU does?

Sorry, so many scores and it is all so confusing....I don't even know what a vantage score is.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Difference in scores

Those are not FICO scores. 

You are limited to where you can get any FICO scores.  On myFICO you can get EQ and TU.  You can get you EQ FICO at EQ but it is hard to find.  EX is only available through lender/creditors and a CU in PA.  TU you can get only from here and lenders/creditors.

Message 2 of 7
chevyman
Contributor

Fico score is what most lenders go by right
Message 3 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

i would estimate 9/10 do, yes

Message 4 of 7
fancypants7
Valued Member

I did end up finding my FICO score through Equifax. I'm just curious as to why the TU scores (I guess they are FAKO?) are so different though all the resources say they are pulling from the same place on the same day.
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They maybe pulling your score based on your report, however, those are their versions of a score based on their criteria.  Most are no where near to a FICO and are calculated differently.

Message 6 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

different algorithms

kinda like this:

A=1

B=2

x=3

y=4

you might have FICO figuring score by A+B/y-x

and Vantage figuring score by x-A(B+y)

same info used, just different math...thats really all it boils down to. FICO may place 20% more weight on, say, payment history > 24 months, where Vantage only 10%...so if each algorithm has even the slightest difference of weights (importance) for ALL the different possible factors...the end result is huge score differences.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.