cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Judgement Statuses?

tag
mrt0n3y

Different Judgement Statuses?

I had a Judgement from a creditor Settled and Satisfied in 2012, but the Judgement status on my current credit report has a status of 'filed.'  Should the judgement status be updated to a status of 'satisfied' or something to that effect or is the 'filed' status correct?

I ask this because currently have a credit score of over 720, but have been denied on several pre-approvals due to this Judgement and wondering if my the status has anything to do with the lender's decision or is it just because of the judgement itself. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Different Judgement Statuses?

Do you have proof that it was satisfied?   If so, file a dispute with each CB to have them change the status.  The last few times I have done this, they have deleted it all together, sevearal were deleted 5 years early.   There is no guaratnee they will do this but it could be a benefit of requesting the status change.  Just choose the "my judgment has been satisfied" ootion and upload your paperwork.  From my experience, all recent, the updates only take a few days to go through and they have all been deteled.  

If this is your only baddie, you should also see score increase that could be significant.   

Message 2 of 4
mrt0n3y

Thanks for the advice cam3150. How long did it take for the CB to remove the judgements?

Message 3 of 4
mrt0n3y

Incredible!!!! Just finished disputing online with all 3 CBs by stating that the 'judgement was satisfied' and Transunion deleted the judgement almost immediately. 

Still waiting to hear back from the other two, but hoping for similar results as Transunion. Thank you again for the advice!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.