Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Opened Date

tag
cdub69
Regular Contributor

Different Opened Date

I  currently have two collections & one paid charge on my CR. Experian and Equifax  have the same date that the collections were opened.Transunion has  a different open date for each account.There is like a 10 day difference.Is this worth disputing on Transunion?Each account is 5 years old.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Different Opened Date

The reportable "date opened" of a collection is any date on or after they received collection authority.

If the debt collector received collection authority on date A and reported that as the date open of their collection to one CRA, yet reported a date of 10 days later to another CRA, I dont see an inaccuracy that would form the basis for a dispute.

Additionally, the date open of the collection has no impact on its ultimate CR exclusion date, which is based only on the DOFD on the OC account..

With no clear evidence of an inaccuracy, and such a small date difference, I would let it be.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.