Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Ways to do a PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Ways to do a PFD

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a PFD arrangement via email, fax, or even over the phone. If I can get a CA to agree over the phone and send me their consent in an email, is this official (assuming there is an account rep name and company logo contained within the email)? 

I'm just not sure I should trust anything other than a hard copy official letter or document, but I'd really like to get this done quickly and not have to go through smail mail.  

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Different Ways to do a PFD

I have done one over the phone. DO NOT pay anything until you have documentaion on the company's letterhead, preferably mailed, that states they will delete the tradeline upon payment. Otherwise, you have no recourse if they don't hold up their end of the deal and delete.

Message 2 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a PFD arrangement via email, fax, or even over the phone. If I can get a CA to agree over the phone and send me their consent in an email, is this official (assuming there is an account rep name and company logo contained within the email)? 

I'm just not sure I should trust anything other than a hard copy official letter or document, but I'd really like to get this done quickly and not have to go through smail mail.  

Thanks,

IMO, being a civil issue, in regards to any potential litigation/defensive tactics, I could see a Judge allowing admission of your computer/email files being accepted as proof, compared to a letterhead hard copy agreement. That would entirely be up to the court though....May say yes, maybe no.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the phone, Cavalry agreed to delete my account once I paid in full... I did, and for 2 years they refused to remove it.  I finally sent a complaint via the BBB, and Cavalry LIED in their responses to my claim..... even though they deleted it before the investigation was complete.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the phone, Cavalry agreed to delete my account once I paid in full... I did, and for 2 years they refused to remove it.  I finally sent a complaint via the BBB, and Cavalry LIED in their responses to my claim..... even though they deleted it before the investigation was complete.

Thanks dixie2, that's good to know. fwiw - I'd never do anything without some type of written verification. Either email or hard copy letter. However, your experience makes me think that hard copy is the way to go! 

Thanks again,

Message 5 of 7
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

I did pfd over the phone and they held up to their agreememt although I may have just gotten lucky, maybe if doing over the phone record conversation and tell them you're recording, I would think that would also keep them honest.
Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've now done 2 PFD over the phone.. I dont know if I have just got lucky, but they were both removed within 72 hours.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.