Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different amount of late payments on all 3 reports

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Different amount of late payments on all 3 reports

Just my 2 cents ... but I have seen people confused by the following.

One has a 30-day late payment. Sent payment for THAT late payment but the money is not applied to borrower's account as one thinks it will. If one has a 30-day payment that is late, one had better send in TWO payments, one for the late and on for the next payment. Then followup with the lender to ensure that the two payments have been applied correctly to bring the account current ... else one ends up haveing rolling 30/60 day lates reported on their credit reports.

Message 11 of 14
niko79
Contributor

I still need some advice. I am intending to file a small claim suit against Honda Financial here in Illinois. While I had tried to go a goodwill letter first and got denied, they are still, after number of disputes and asking for corrections, reporting incorrect information to all of the credit bureaus. I had done similar thing with Citi way in the past and won but I have a lease with Honda Financial so I am thinking they can peek at my credit and correct it before it goes to court.

What do you all think?

I tried nicely, but I am desperate due to applying for mortgage in June or so next year.

Also, TU provides me with a date of first delinquency as a different date as Experian does. Same goes for Equifax. This really confirms that the late payments are not reported accurately throughout my reports.

Thanks for any assistance with this.
Message 12 of 14
niko79
Contributor

One more thing. This was a JOINT account with my wife who filed for BK7 5 years ago. Maybe that gives me a little more options here.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Yes, I am sure.

Example:

You have an account that first reports a derog as a 90-late.

It is not possible to have a 90-late without first having had a 30 and 60-late.

The 90-late is accurate.

There is no inaccuracy in not having reported the 30 or 60 late.

There is no provision of the FCRA or any CRA policies that require any or all derogs to be reported to all CRAs.

In fact some creditors may only have credit reporting agreements with one or two CRAs, making lack of reporting to the third impossible.

And yet when you call them and ask for GW removal of lates, they will often state that its illegal to do so as that would be "inaccurate reporting". They can't have it both ways.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.