Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different amounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different amounts

Set up a payment plan for 2 collections for Lvnv funding for 2 collections , paid one payment on each last month. Had couple hundred extra dollars so decided that I would put it on the smallest well I go on the website and it's saying a substantial difference . Just received a letter today for both saying balance is 300+ on both but online different. What should I do about this? Going with Naca and this collections has to be paid off per my mortgage counselor .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Different amounts

If you are saying that you specified which of the two the additional payment was to be applied, and they did not follow your instructions, that is a specific violation of FDCPA 810, which mandates that if you have muiltiple collections with the same debt collector and you make a payment, the debt collector MUST comply with any instructions provided by the consumer as to which collection an amount is to applied.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Different amounts

After I went on their website and saw amount wasn't what was agreed upon , I didn't make extra payments, going to call in the morning.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.