Did you mean: 

Difficult Situation

tag
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Difficult Situation

I need help please.

I have two weird situations.

1.  There is a collection agency reporting on my credit report negatively.  I have sent various letters and they have not responded.  I looked up the info for the ceo and he died 2 days ago.  Im not sure what my next step would be.  This one is only showing up on transunion.

2.  Also I have a paid judgment on my credit report from almost 4 years ago and I have tried to get it removed.  I talked to the lawyer of the plantiff and he issued me a check for overpayment and mentioned that the collection agency who originally filed the judgment is out of business and have been for 4 years.  How do I get his removed?  Its showing up on experian and equifax.

Thanks in advace for the help.  Have a great day Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Difficult Situation

@babyeyes00 wrote:

I need help please.

I have two weird situations.

1.  There is a collection agency reporting on my credit report negatively.  I have sent various letters and they have not responded.  I looked up the info for the ceo and he died 2 days ago.  Im not sure what my next step would be.  This one is only showing up on transunion.

2.  Also I have a paid judgment on my credit report from almost 4 years ago and I have tried to get it removed.  I talked to the lawyer of the plantiff and he issued me a check for overpayment and mentioned that the collection agency who originally filed the judgment is out of business and have been for 4 years.  How do I get his removed?  Its showing up on experian and equifax.

Thanks in advace for the help.  Have a great day Smiley Happy

1. They dont have to respond to DVs, I would sent a letter to the CEOs office anyway (someone has to replace him).

2. File a motion to vacate the judgment on grounds its been paid if its allowed in your state, if not ask the attorney for the plaintiff  to do it.

Message 2 of 6
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Is the judgement showing paid on your CRs? If not...dispute it as being inaccurate.
Message 4 of 6
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Yes, it shows as paid.

Message 5 of 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

You may have luck with transunion getting it removed. Experian is evil incarnate. Equifax maybe too. But as gdale said....best bet is file for vacatur. Good luck
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.