Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty of Amazon Store Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difficulty of Amazon Store Card?

Hey guys,

I now have two secure card and 1 unsecure with mid 500 scores and baddies. I just got the unsecure and another secure and plan to app for amazon in about a month for a store card. Any success or failure posts with the difficulty of amazon?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difficulty of Amazon Store Card?

I was approved mid-600s, but didn't apply until then. Got both the Walmart and Amazon store cards. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh,

delimma of wether to wait until new cards report or not

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ugh,

delimma of wether to wait until new cards report or not

You didn't mention what your scores are.  I think I was approved at about 630-640 TU for Amazon.  A lot will depend on your profile.  I personally would let the cards report and then apply in 2-3 months.  Sorry didn't see your scores.  I would definitely wait a couple of months before apping Amazon.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied with a tu score of about 650 and was denied.   Had several baddies, mostly paid chargeoffs.  My suggestion would be to let your new accounts report for a few months and then see where your scores are.  But good luck either way.  

Message 5 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I now have two secure card and 1 unsecure with mid 500 scores and baddies. I just got the unsecure and another secure and plan to app for amazon in about a month for a store card. Any success or failure posts with the difficulty of amazon?

I was approved when my TU was around 627.   I'd wait until you get into low 600s to try your app.   Keep working the baddies!   Hopefully the other cards will help improve your scores, too

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't apply for the Chase Version due to late payment July 2014 on file.  They will tell me to pound sand. Idk about Store version.  Currently offering $10 credit!

credit pulls database Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife got approved for $600 by Synchrony (Amazon) with $29,000 of collections on Transunion and $56,000 on Equifax. Go for it!! I have no debt and fair credit yet her limit is double that of my 2 Synchrony accounts.  They gave me a measly $200 for Belk's and $300 for Walmart.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.