cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with Experian

tag
redwing2013

Difficulty with Experian

I have 3 disputes that I can't seem to get Experian to delete (both TU and EQ have both deleted).  Has anyone had good luck with Experian (aka The Devil); all tips are appreciated.

1.  Medical Collection for my daughter who was over 18 at the time.  I dispute and it comes back as verified every time with no backup detail whatsoever.  I am getting ready to call the OC to make a deal or force them to remove due to my daughter being over 18 at the time and I signed no letter of authorization.  I do have the money to pay the bill off if they will delete.

2.  A Verizon bill that Verizon is no longer reporting (GW phone call) and has sent a deletion letter (twice) to Experian.  Experian has yet to delete.  I have recently disputed.

3.  Paid off OC medical collection that Experian will not re-investigate saying my dispute letter was suspicious yet they have had many from me over the last 12 months and are stalling.

Any ideas?  I am open to anything at this point as these are my last 3.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Difficulty with Experian

@redwing2013 wrote:

I have 3 disputes that I can't seem to get Experian to delete (both TU and EQ have both deleted).  Has anyone had good luck with Experian (aka The Devil); all tips are appreciated.

1.  Medical Collection for my daughter who was over 18 at the time.  I dispute and it comes back as verified every time with no backup detail whatsoever.  I am getting ready to call the OC to make a deal or force them to remove due to my daughter being over 18 at the time and I signed no letter of authorization.  I do have the money to pay the bill off if they will delete.

2.  A Verizon bill that Verizon is no longer reporting (GW phone call) and has sent a deletion letter (twice) to Experian.  Experian has yet to delete.  I have recently disputed.

3.  Paid off OC medical collection that Experian will not re-investigate saying my dispute letter was suspicious yet they have had many from me over the last 12 months and are stalling.

Thanks.

1. Try to make deal with OC to cancel the collection in exchange for full payment, if no go Google the HIPAA process and use it.

2. If you have a letter indicating they will remove the item and EX does not do so within the next 60 days then file a BBB complaint against them and if that gets you no where then escalate to the CFPB.

3. Call the OC and ask for lieniency or send them a GW letter.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What information did you assert was the inaccuracy in the reporting of the paid collection (item 3)?

What did they assert was suspicous about your dispute?

Was the dispute substantailly the same as a prior dispute?

Did they send a letter of dismissal of the dispute as frivoulous or irrelevant?

Message 3 of 5
toi34
Established Contributor

Don't bother with the BBB, in my opinion the BBB is obsolete ever since the CFPB has taken-off, PLUS the CFPB has teeth!  File a complaint with the CFPB, scan and upload your supporting dicuments, and the collections will be deleted within 15 days.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redwing2013 wrote:

1.  Medical Collection for my daughter who was over 18 at the time.  I dispute and it comes back as verified every time with no backup detail whatsoever. What "back up detail" are you expecting? There is no requirement for the CRA to provide you any such 'detail'. They are merely required to communicate with the furnisher of the information and verify that what they have placed on you rreport matches the information the furnisher provided them. Disputing over and over merely gets your dispute labeled as frivolous. Stop disputing with the CRA, its not going to get you anywhere. I am getting ready to call the OC to make a deal or force them to remove due to my daughter being over 18 at the time and I signed no letter of authorization. You need to get serious with the OC. They are improperly holding you liable for another persons bill, and damaging you financially as a result. It's time for an ITS letter. Inform them that if they do not correct THEIR records and recall this from collections under your name, you will pursue a civil claim against them. I do have the money to pay the bill off if they will delete. Give it to your daughter if you want but let her handle the paying of the bill.

2.  A Verizon bill that Verizon is no longer reporting (GW phone call) and has sent a deletion letter (twice) to Experian.  Experian has yet to delete.  I have recently disputed. How long has it been since Verizon sent this?

3.  Paid off OC medical collection that Experian will not re-investigate saying my dispute letter was suspicious yet they have had many from me over the last 12 months and are stalling. I would hazard a geuss that your repeated disputes have gotten you placed in a 'frivolous disputer' bucket. On what basis are you disputing here?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.