Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV CBE Group & Multiband Diversified - Paid for Verbal PFD

tag
Rex727

DirecTV CBE Group & Multiband Diversified - Paid for Verbal PFD

Hello Again,

Sorry for yet another post, I'm working on my friend's credit report with him right now and was just informed of some new information. There was also a collection from DirecTV and Multiband (local cable/internet firm). The DirecTV was sold CBE group, Multiband was sold to Diversified. Upon receiving the letters in the mail he immediately called them and paid the outstanding amounts. The woman at Diversified told him if he paid it right then and there it would not show up on his credit report since it was in the first 30 days - I'm not sure if that is true or not.

Since these were both settled immediately after being sent to collections will they show up still? Did she lie to him to just get him to pay it? If the later is true, has anyone had luck with GW letters to both CBE & Diversified - and if so could someone PM me contact info for either so I can begin the process for him?

Thanks,

Rex

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DirecTV CBE Group & Multiband Diversified - Paid for Verbal PFD

Posting and dealing with the CRAs costs money.  They don't usually want to mess with that, they got there money so they are probably done.  If she said it won't post, most likely it won't.  If it does, file a BBB dispute for shoddy business practices.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
Rex727

Got it, that is awesome.

The last thing I'm trying to tidy up is that when he bought a new car, they didn't pay off his old loan quite within the 30 day + 10 day grace period so there is one late payment showing. The account is now paid and closed - BMO Harris Auto Loan - by BMW Financial - would a GW letter be the best bet to try to get the late payment ding removed?

Thx,

Rex

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Rex727 wrote:

Got it, that is awesome.

The last thing I'm trying to tidy up is that when he bought a new car, they didn't pay off his old loan quite within the 30 day + 10 day grace period so there is one late payment showing. The account is now paid and closed - BMO Harris Auto Loan - by BMW Financial - would a GW letter be the best bet to try to get the late payment ding removed?

Thx,

Rex

Yes, a simple gracious GW explaining the situation would be prudent.  Explain to them the deal was done and he no longer had the vehicle as it had been traded in.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
Rex727

This is what I wrote up, I PM'ed it first but might as well make it public to help others if possible.

May 12, 2014

BMO Harris Bank

Auto Loan Department

PO Box 94034

Palatine, IL 60094

Dear Sir or Madam:

I purchased a Ford truck in July of 2013 that was financed through a loan with BMO Harris Bank, account number 123456789. While I absolutely loved the truck, I changed job roles with Target and was forced into a 40-minute daily commute, each way, thus making the gas guzzling quarter life crisis vehicle impractical.

I realize I was only a customer for 3 months, but my payments were always on time, except in the event that I sold the truck and BMW Financial was to pay off the loan ASAP. They dragged their feet a bit, thus making my final payment – including the balance of the loan – a couple days late. I’m working with BMW to get this negative ding removed, but I would also like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. I understand that I was ultimately responsible for making sure BMW paid the loan off in time, and I do not intend on blaming them to justify the late payments, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that BMO is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with BMO Harris. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. BMO has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why you are heads above the rest. Thank you for the consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Michael XXXXX

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Solid presentation  Rex BRAVO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.