Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV Debt Forgiveness SEMI-SUCESS!

tag
phix
New Contributor

DirecTV Debt Forgiveness SEMI-SUCESS!

As part of my strategy I've been working on getting original creditors to forgive debt, while I got Dish Network to forgive ALL of it I was only able to get DirecTV to get my balance from $433.00 to $159.05, which is only about 29%, it would be only $60 or so dollars if I returned the HD reciever, which I may still have in my storage unit, which means that would be only 11% settlement! Not bad for a few days work!

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Current Scores: TU: 573, EX: 512, EQ: 584 (MPM Scores)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: DirecTV Debt Forgiveness SEMI-SUCESS!

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that regardless of the final amount of any settlement, it will remove unpaid delinquent debt from your credit.

That fact can come back to bite you in future quests for credit, regardless of whether it shows in your CR,

Additionally, if the creditor has reported the debt, then if you settle for less, they can add that comment to your CR, which can in itself be a negative in future quests for credit.

If it is reported and they dont additionally agree not to report paid for less if you settle, then a PIF may be worth spending the additonal $60.

Message 3 of 4
phix
New Contributor

This is strictly a CA, there is no original OC on my report; they will report as paid once I send in the payment to the OC.

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Current Scores: TU: 573, EX: 512, EQ: 584 (MPM Scores)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.