New Visitor
DOHCrazy

DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

[ Edited ]

I recently started my first big-boy job and am working to repair my credit from being an idiot in college. 

I live in Texas. 

The original creditor was DirecTV. I owe them for equipment that was not returned. 

I have a $419 collection account from Receivables Performance Management. 

The CA was opened on 01/2011 and was reported since 03/2011. It was last reported on 03/2011.

Today I spoke to both DirecTV and RPM. DirecTV still has the account on file, and I can make payment in full at any time. 

After I verfied the account was still open with DirecTV, I called and spoke to three people at RPM. RPM stated that even if I pay DirecTV in full, they can only mark the account as Paid in Full; they can not delete it. I understand that PiF won't help my credit much. 

I then called DirecTV back and they stated that once I paid them, the account would be deleted from my credit report. I asked for this in writing and am getting the run arround. I know it is possible, because I just had success fixing an old Sprint account using the same method. 

I searched these boards and found some old threads regarding contacting John Suranyi (President of Sales & Service) for help with deletion, however those threads were from back in 2007 and he no longer works for the company. I am having limited success finding who I should email these days. 

I am ready and able to make full payment, but only want to do so if the CA will be deleted from my credit report. Where should I go from here? 

New Contributor
Tempted2Pull

Re: DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

please do yourself a favor and pay directv. I was in the exact situation with a sprint account. once i paid them , it was gone within 2 weeks. Dont pay RPM if directv still has the account.

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
sphinx313

Re: DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

I would probably take their word for it. Some companies just don't want to say they made that arrangement.

Starting Score: 532/564 10/21/12
Current Score: TU: 594 EQ: 628 EX: 617 BoA Credit Pull Denial Letter 2/20/2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}