Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

tag
DOHCrazy
Established Member

DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

I recently started my first big-boy job and am working to repair my credit from being an idiot in college. 

I live in Texas. 

The original creditor was DirecTV. I owe them for equipment that was not returned. 

I have a $419 collection account from Receivables Performance Management. 

The CA was opened on 01/2011 and was reported since 03/2011. It was last reported on 03/2011.

Today I spoke to both DirecTV and RPM. DirecTV still has the account on file, and I can make payment in full at any time. 

After I verfied the account was still open with DirecTV, I called and spoke to three people at RPM. RPM stated that even if I pay DirecTV in full, they can only mark the account as Paid in Full; they can not delete it. I understand that PiF won't help my credit much. 

I then called DirecTV back and they stated that once I paid them, the account would be deleted from my credit report. I asked for this in writing and am getting the run arround. I know it is possible, because I just had success fixing an old Sprint account using the same method. 

I searched these boards and found some old threads regarding contacting John Suranyi (President of Sales & Service) for help with deletion, however those threads were from back in 2007 and he no longer works for the company. I am having limited success finding who I should email these days. 

I am ready and able to make full payment, but only want to do so if the CA will be deleted from my credit report. Where should I go from here? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Re: DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

please do yourself a favor and pay directv. I was in the exact situation with a sprint account. once i paid them , it was gone within 2 weeks. Dont pay RPM if directv still has the account.

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: DirecTV and Receivables Performance Management - $419

I would probably take their word for it. Some companies just don't want to say they made that arrangement.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.