Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Dispute with Legal Proof of FDoD

tag
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Direct Dispute with Legal Proof of FDoD

I have an Income and Expense declaration I had to file in family court at the beginning of my divorce in 2003 it lists obsolete accounts that show the DoFD as 8/03 since I wrote in my declaration that all the accounts are past due.  I didn't pay anything further on them.  These accounts have been sold and resold to CA trying to get me to settle.  Some debt has even "magically" gotten younger with a DoFD of 2008.  

Question:  Can I use this as part of my proof when the CA try to state that the account is obsolete based on the DoFD and can no longer be reported on to any CRA along with the fact that they can't sue me because SOL is 4 years in California.  According to their bogus timelines, they make it seem as if they can file a judgment against me.  I also have the original statements.  Will this help me?  How can I use it?

I want to shut down this rinse and repeat cycle and get off the merry-go-round of zombie debt which is adversely affecting my score.  

Thanks for your advice.

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Direct Dispute with Legal Proof of FDoD

The CFPB would be interested in your complaint of re aging, if you have the proof upload it with the complaint filing and request 1K for each violation of federal law along with C&D from further collection actions from them.

The SOL gives you a defense against a lawsuit, it doesnt mean they cannot sue, that is only true in 2 states Wis & Miss as the debt is dead at SOL by state law. A CA can attempt to collect forever on a debt they just cannot put it on your reports past 7.5 yrs from the DoFD..

Message 2 of 4
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Wow - the knowledge on this board, it is humbling.

Thank you, I am certainly going to try that route.  The CAs are trying to cash in on peoples misery and past mistakes by strong arming them into submission even though they are well outside of the SOL....

At the risk of sounding dumb (well about this stuff at least), what is CFPB and C&D....I'm still finding my way around the acronymns...Smiley Embarassed.  

CFPB = Consumer Financial Protection Bureau       C&D = Cease & Desist Order?????

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 3 of 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

You are correct on the abbreviations. Good luck.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.