Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loans Servicing - Removing Late Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Loans Servicing - Removing Late Payments

Hello. I have nine student loans through direct loans. I did not pay my student loan payments in full for over six months. I paid some amount every month, but it wasn't enough to cover the full amount due on all nine loans. I know have over 50 120+ day late payments on my credit report. Is there anything I can do? The amount I paid each month was enough to keep one group of loans current, but Direct Loans tells me that they cannot reallocate the payments. I feel terrible. Does anyone have an idea how long it will take for my credit score to improve? I'm definitely not going to make this mistake again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Direct Loans Servicing - Removing Late Payments

AFAIK, Direct Loans pretty much never removes negative history. Check with the Student Loan boards to see if anyone's had luck there.

If you cannot get those lates removed, especially the 90+ ones, expect it to be pretty damaging for 7-7.5 years from the date of first delinquency.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Geochk
Valued Member

I had Direct Loans remove 120+ lates by Googling Direct Loans ombudsman. There is a form to fill out and they should assign someone to help you work through your problems. Hopefully they can help you!

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
truetaurus

Geochk-could you please tell me how you got them removed (like your circumstance, etc)?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.