Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Loans response to GW - Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Loans response to GW - Help

I sent a GW letter to Direct Loans to remove some lates and received a response two weeks later. In addition to their speech on how they must only do accurate reporting, they said: Regrettably, we cannot remove the derogatory information because:

Other: Please provide a copy of your credit report.

What exactly are they looking to see in my credit report?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Direct Loans response to GW - Help

I got the same response from them when I sent a GW on behalf on my BF.   I sent it in, with another copy of the same letter.  They removed the lates with in a few weeks.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send the whole report or only the part that concerns them?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would only send the part that concerns them.  They do not need to see any of the other accounts, they are none of their business. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only sent the part that concerns them. I didn't feel they need to base their decision on my BF's other mishaps, lol

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sage,

Can you please PM me your goodwill letter to Direct Loans?  I have written GWs before, but I know Direct Loans is a tough nut to crack.

I have a 60, 90, 120, 150, and 180 late with them from Feb 2007 - July 2007.  I took a full load in Summer 2006, and only 2 classes in Fall 2006, and no classes in Spring 2007.  I thought the 2 classes in the Fall would keep me in deferment, but they didn't (I didn't know you had to be at least half time).  Also given the fact that I moved, I was not receiving correspondence and thought everything was okay.  So apparently, my deferment ended in like August 2006 and with the 6 months grace period, my payments became due like January/February without me knowing.

I re-enrolled in August 2007 and finished my degree in December 2008.  Refinanced all debt in December 2008, and have been perfect since then on my new loan.

I inquired last year about their rehab program, but was told that was only if you defaulted.  I think that is a stupid policy.  So somebody that defaults is allowed to erase their history, but not somebody who almost defaults and then makes good on everything?

Oh well.  I would appreciate the help.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.