cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct TV and NCO Financial

tag
green81

Direct TV and NCO Financial

So I had direct TV in my prior residence until 2009.  when I ran my credit it showed a collection charge from NCO financial for 137.  They called  the next day and said it was from a direct TV account.  I advised I didnt know what it was for but would be will pif for delete.  they advised the do not delete and I need to contact direct tv.  Today I contacted direct tv and was advised it was for a early termination fee. Direct tv advised I could pay them directly and NCO would update to paid which is not what I want but I am starting to think it is my only option. I know from reading that a lot of people dispute nco account to CRA's and they delete pretty quickly but then it seems that it comes back once they validate.  does anyone have any advice for dealing with this? would you just pay it and try to gw NCO after?  thanks in advance for the help

TU - 529(7/13)596(8/13)
EX - 532(7/13)600(8/13
EQ - 531(7/13)605(8/13)

goal over 640!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Direct TV and NCO Financial

If the debt collector wont accept a PFD and the OC accepts payment, that immediately terminates the collection, which requires the debt collector to timely report a $0 balance under collection, and close their collection.

From there, it gets a bit dicy.  Some will assert that termination of the collection requires the debt collector to delete their reporting.  Howver, there is no statutory requirement that they do so.  You can always ask the OC to contact the debt collector and ask them to delete.

As for disputing, I dont see a legitimate basis for asserting an inaccuracy in their reporting.  To initiate a dispute, the consumer must assert an inaccuracy and provide sufficient documentation to enable the furnisher to investigate how/if it is inaccurate.

Message 2 of 5
green81

thanks for the quick reply,  I am going to just pay it and see what it does to my score

TU - 529(7/13)596(8/13)
EX - 532(7/13)600(8/13
EQ - 531(7/13)605(8/13)

goal over 640!!
Message 3 of 5
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

I've had success getting two NCO medical bills deleted after settlement.  I would call their 800 number and talk with someone else.  Sometimes it just takes getting to the right person.  Good luck.

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 4 of 5
dheather00
Valued Member

Could you send me the phone number you used for NCO?  I have one with them that I want to get deleted?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.