Did you mean: 

Direct dispute

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Direct dispute

@12njoy wrote:

Here's a neat trick I learned,

I was able to get eight (8), yes 8, collection accounts deleted from all three bureau's.  I settled all the collection accounts and then I filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau pleading ignorance of the FCRA by saying that since the accounts were settled, they should be removed.  Well the BBB's sent my complaints to the respective collection agencies and ALL of them wrote back to BBB's stating that the accounts were settled and that they would have the accounts deleted.  Now the BBB nor the collection agencies are required to do anything about this, but collection agencies get so many complaints they try to resolve as many as they can successfully, especially when they have been paid.  Go the BBB route for any paid collection account.  Just plead ignorance like you don't know the FCRA and they'll come right off.

This is not the way to go and is a violation of the TOS of the forums. 

In the future, please refrain from advising others to go this route.

Message 11 of 38
12njoy
Super Contributor

Noted

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 38
singleindependentmom
New Contributor

can you send direct disputes to the CA stating you never knew about the account going into collections and would request it to be removed since the account has now been paid?

I never received letters about the accounts going into collections, and once I ran the credit report is when I found out about the accounts.  I received a medical bill that was about to go into collections, but since I settled the account before the 30 days it was never reported.  Had I known about these other accounts going into collections and with who, I would have attempted to pay them off before it ever happened.

Thoughts please would be greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 38
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@singleindependentmom wrote:

can you send direct disputes to the CA stating you never knew about the account going into collections and would request it to be removed since the account has now been paid?

I never received letters about the accounts going into collections, and once I ran the credit report is when I found out about the accounts.  I received a medical bill that was about to go into collections, but since I settled the account before the 30 days it was never reported.  Had I known about these other accounts going into collections and with who, I would have attempted to pay them off before it ever happened.

Thoughts please would be greatly appreciated.

Probably not.  There is no requirement to advise you that an account is being sent to collections.  There is also no requirement to remove a paid collections.

It is different paying a bill before it goes into collections and one that is already in collections.

You can send GW letters to the CA explaining what happened and ask them to delete them.

Message 14 of 38
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I am trying to figure out how to send an "arm twister" in the GW letters.  I think the honey and sugar made them sticky and diabetic.  The CA's dont like me AT ALL

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 15 of 38
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree that you dont appear to have basis for a dispute, and that they are not in violation of the FCRA or FDCPA.

With no formal violations, and if you feel GW efforts are at an end, you could resort to a form of "arm twisting" if you feel that any actions they have taken along the way are poor business practices.  You could resort to a complaint with your local BBB over any such practices, and hope that they bend.

Personally, I would continue to follow the GW path by trying to move up the managment chain with your story of woe and a few tears.

Once you file a formal BBB complaint, I would assume it would be a bucket of water, quenching any future GW on their part.

Arm twistiing as a part of a GW process has its risks.

Message 16 of 38
Bayswater
New Visitor

First time posting...NeWBIE

Please help me.  I just found this forum.  T-mobile put a false charge on my credit report.  Please direct me to the forum where I read about how to dispute this....all new to me.

thanks so very much!

Starting Score: 681
Current Score: 681
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: First time posting...NeWBIE

@Bayswater wrote:

Please help me.  I just found this forum.  T-mobile put a false charge on my credit report.  Please direct me to the forum where I read about how to dispute this....all new to me.

thanks so very much!

Welcome to the forum.  Send them a DV ( debt validation) letter. Examples of which can be found in the stickys on the front page of the this thread

Message 18 of 38
DueDilligence
Contributor

Your credit score has came a long way. I know you have to feel pretty good about it!

Message 19 of 38
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Re: First time posting...NeWBIE

I just had success with T-mobile with my wife's credit report. She paid and closed the account years ago, then recently we get a letter from a CA stating she owes $400. We went to a T-mobile store, spoke to a manager, who was surprisingly helpful, and he pulled up her account. But, he had no informaiton on the account, and said that it had all been turned over to the CA. The CA didn't have any info other than an amount and her name. They couldn't tell us what the charges were for. I sent them a direct dispute, and disputed at the same time with the CRA's. Less than 15 days later, the EX writes me back telling me the account has been deleted. Voila. Good luck!

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.