Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct dispute

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Direct dispute

You can always dispute the accuracy of any information in your credit file via a dispute to the CRA.

How it is resolved depends upon what is disputed, and whether it can be corrected of verified.

Deletion of inaccurate information is required if only if it cannot be verified as accurate as reported or corrected so as to overcom an inaccuracy.

What is required to be verified, corrected, or deleted extends only to the information disputed.

Contesting the dater of a delinquency or the DOFD is not basis for compelling deletion of the entire account reporting.

Message 31 of 38
polscigeek
Established Member

Thank you for the information.  This is very helpful. 

Message 32 of 38
driftless
Valued Contributor

I have a baddie is old and I believe that the DOFD has incorrectly reported to the CRAs.  I would like force the CA to verify the DOFD with OC.  Is the 623 validation letter the proper way to proceed?  They have disregard a DV in the past.  

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 33 of 38
Lonestarfoodie

Thank you for this post. I'm going to try your suggestion and hopefully it works for me. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 38
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

??

Credit repair organizations cannot represent clients in filing of direct disputes.  They are specifically exempted under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for the great info on this thread!!

Shogun, Can you answer me a few questions?

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or  regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines?  Account not yours? etc.)

Can you explain what the bolded underlined means?

Thanks,

Message 36 of 38
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It refers to the FCRA or any state versions thereof.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG: thank you

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.