Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirectTV? Past SOL settlement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DirectTV? Past SOL settlement?

Has anyone had any luck or contacts that work to try to settle a DTV account that has been returned to DirecTV from a 3rd party?

It is from 10/2010 so it's outside the SOL by almost a full year.  I have heard that they don't crack on settlement.  My wife was charged for a "lost" receiver after we moved to a location without Southern exposure.  They have charged so many fees that that has gone from $260 to $725. 

Can anyone help me with this, or do I just need to pay the full bill?  There are no reporting companies on her credit, however we are in process of trying to get things in order to purchase a house next year.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DirectTV? Past SOL settlement?

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had any luck or contacts that work to try to settle a DTV account that has been returned to DirecTV from a 3rd party?

It is from 10/2010 so it's outside the SOL by almost a full year.  I have heard that they don't crack on settlement.  My wife was charged for a "lost" receiver after we moved to a location without Southern exposure.  They have charged so many fees that that has gone from $260 to $725. 

Can anyone help me with this, or do I just need to pay the full bill?  There are no reporting companies on her credit, however we are in process of trying to get things in order to purchase a house next year.

Thanks

If you don't pay it they WILL send it to the next collector on their list and it will go back on her reports. Bite the bullet and pay it (if you can) just to keep it off her reports.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just stinks that they won't even entertain the offer of a payment plan to get paid.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

These guys and others like them are the new 21st century "robber barons", the whole system is crooked.

Message 4 of 5
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

I did have a CA offer to 'settle' the account with me. (After it landed on my CR). Currently working on a PFD.  Goodluck!

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.