cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing TU inquiries (I'M NOT REFERRING TO SOFT PULLS)

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: Disappering TU inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Most commercial credit reports avoid the issue of not showing soft pulls to others by not including them in their credit reports, thus being able to sell the same report to both the named consumer and to others.  Only reports that are known to be available only to the named consumer can include soft inquiries, such as the report you obtain from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA when they know you are the named consumer.

Even if auto or mortgage eelated, all will appear in your credit report, even though the FICO algorithm scores some multiple auto or mortgage inqiriies as only one.

That is not the likely source of the difference.

The soft pulls are not the issue.  These are hard pulls that have disappeared.

Could be something referred to as "bumpage". You will have to Google it for more information.

Yeah, I read about that, but that seems to refer to them being gone all over.  These are gone everywhere except one place. But I'm afraid it's the place that matters.

Yeah, it is sort of strange... I've not heard of that occurring before.

Yeah and I'm getting ready to apply for Barclays and since they are sometimes inquiry sensitive, I'm curious which number they'll see.

Message 11 of 20
elim
Senior Contributor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Most commercial credit reports avoid the issue of not showing soft pulls to others by not including them in their credit reports, thus being able to sell the same report to both the named consumer and to others.  Only reports that are known to be available only to the named consumer can include soft inquiries, such as the report you obtain from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA when they know you are the named consumer.

Even if auto or mortgage eelated, all will appear in your credit report, even though the FICO algorithm scores some multiple auto or mortgage inqiriies as only one.

Could be something referred to as "bumpage". You will have to Google it for more information.

Yeah, I read about that, but that seems to refer to them being gone all over.  These are gone everywhere except one place. But I'm afraid it's the place that matters.

no, they will always show ONLY on actual credit report.     when applying or monitoring.  these will be invisible.

Message 12 of 20
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

no, they will always show ONLY on actual credit report.     when applying or monitoring.  these will be invisible.

I'm not referring to soft pulls. 

Message 13 of 20
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Let's start over.  I'm 100% familiar of the difference between a hard and soft pull.  My question has absolutely nothing to do with soft pulls.  At all.

I'm referring only to disappearing hard pulls.

Any thoughts now?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hokies2379 wrote:

Let's start over.  I'm 100% familiar of the difference between a hard and soft pull.  My question has absolutely nothing to do with soft pulls.  At all.

Any thoughts now?

Or more specifically - Hard pulls showing up on a direct TU pull, but NOT ALL  hard pulls showing up on a third party pull from CK, CS, or Myfico, correct?

Look carefully for some commonality among the missing pulls, such as the date range, certain type of pull, certain lenders, ect.

Message 15 of 20
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

Any thoughts now?

Or more specifically - Hard pulls showing up on a direct TU pull, but NOT ALL  hard pulls showing up on a third party pull from CK, CS, or Myfico, correct?

Look carefully for some commonality among the missing pulls, such as the date range, certain type of pull, certain lenders, ect.

There is no commonality.  Basically any pull from months 11-24 is gone.  Leaving only the ones from the previous 10.

Right now there are 5

Last week there was 7.

that's when I started to notice. 

It's just snipping them off, oldest first.

Except on a report directly from TU.

Sounds like it is not at all common, but the only question I was hoping to have answered is, will Barclays (or anyone pulling TU) see 5, or 18.

Message 16 of 20
elim
Senior Contributor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

neither am I.  I have been through this many times and it is not a good thing to discuss on myFICO.  

your soft pulls Bumped your HP's off of your visible reports. "HP'S" were bumped.

edit: I will also add... Many that this happens to end up with split reports (2 TU reports with half data on each) and many get the HP's re-inserted at a random date in the future (so don't bank on the count).

Message 17 of 20
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

neither am I.  I have been through this many times and it is not a good thing to discuss on myFICO.  

your soft pulls Bumped your HP's off of your visible reports. "HP'S" were bumped.

So, you're sure about this?  Bc if so, that answers my question (and kinda makes me happy.)

Because that was all I wanted to know was if they showed when applying.

Sorry, you were trying to answer me properly a couple replies ago.

Thanks. 

Also, is that another one of those "we shall never speak of" things that this place is so famous for?  *yawn*

Message 18 of 20
elim
Senior Contributor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

So, you're sure about this?  Bc if so, that answers my question (and kinda makes me happy.)

Thanks. 

read my edited post above.

Message 19 of 20
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Thanks. 

read my edited post above.

Got it, thanks.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.