Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing collection account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappearing collection account

I've recently had a collection account fall off my report on all three bureaus.  This is a collection account from college a few years ago, but not past SOL.  I did not contact them, or dispute anything.  I've heard that I might have an opportunity to pay this off before it is transferred to another agency and ends up back on my report.  I guess I'm wondering what I should do.  Reach out to the latest agency that had it(National Credit Mgmt), or try contacting the OC?  I don't want to risk my contact efforts resulting in this ending up back on my report.  I have the money to PIF right now.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disappearing collection account

@Anonymous wrote:

I've recently had a collection account fall off my report on all three bureaus.  This is a collection account from college a few years ago, but not past SOL.  I did not contact them, or dispute anything.  I've heard that I might have an opportunity to pay this off before it is transferred to another agency and ends up back on my report.  I guess I'm wondering what I should do.  Reach out to the latest agency that had it(National Credit Mgmt), or try contacting the OC?  I don't want to risk my contact efforts resulting in this ending up back on my report.  I have the money to PIF right now.  

I would start with the OC. The OC always has the right to report but if they are not now odds are they wont waste money on one that has been paid off.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.