Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed no score increase

tag
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Disappointed no score increase

I was so excited this week when my long battle against Asset Acceptance paid off & this TL was deleted from my credit reports. Such sweet victory  ... BUT, since I was told by my credit union that this was THE biggest problem with my credit, and it was reporting as a current/new late account with a large $ amount, I fully expected to gain at least 15 points on my FICO when this came off -- NADA, lost one point. 

I was successul in getting an auto loan refinance today with my credit union now that this is gone -- from current 14% to new 9.99%. Not good, but an imprvement. This would not have been possible without the Asset Acceptance removal. Still, I was hoping to get from 625 to at least 640 on this, to reach minimum FICO for a mortgage. 

Now I feel stuck because most other stuff on my report is late pays/ paid collections that I have been unsuccessful in GW'ing. Therefore, not seeing a straight path to further FICO gains (necessary for mortgage). :-/

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disappointed no score increase

A little time will help heal those wounds.  Congrats on the removal.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
kjel
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

A little time will help heal those wounds.  Congrats on the removal.

+1. Time has been responsible for most of my score increase over the past year. After I had PFD, settled, and otherwise dealt with every negative except one (SOL approaching) I just focused on paying everything on time and managing my credit utilization.

Be patient, you'll get there. Congrats on the deletion!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 3 of 4
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just frustrated because I do have a year & a half of perfect payments across a number of credit sources & nothing too bad in the year directly before that (2 late pays), so feels like a long haul. You are correct, though, I have seen huge gains in this past year and a half, and time will continue to heal. I got Midland off several months ago & now Asset Acceptance. It's all uphill from here. :-)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.