Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge Debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge Debt

I had a store card with Belk that went in to default back in 2012, they sold the debt to Portfolio recovery, Portfolio never put anything on my credit but they sent me a 1099-C to me this past FEB. I wanted to know how do I go about getting Belk off my credit even though the debt is canceled and I have no obligation to pay. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discharge Debt

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a store card with Belk that went in to default back in 2012, they sold the debt to Portfolio recovery, Portfolio never put anything on my credit but they sent me a 1099-C to me this past FEB. I wanted to know how do I go about getting Belk off my credit even though the debt is canceled and I have no obligation to pay. 

You would have to send GW Letters to the issuer of the credit for the Belk card (Synchrony Bank) and ask that it be removed, the fact that it was sold means they took a big loss on you and may not be in a mood to issue good will but it doesnt stop you from trying. Good luck Smiley Happy

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4423125

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discharge Debt

You can try GW letters but that might be on your credit the full 7 years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.