cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged Credit One account added a late for this month!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged Credit One account added a late for this month!

Hi all, I just noticed that Credit One added a March 2017 late payment to my reports even though they were included in my BK that was discharged last year.  Can they do that!?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharged Credit One account added a late for this month!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I just noticed that Credit One added a March 2017 late payment to my reports even though they were included in my BK that was discharged last year.  Can they do that!?

No.  I had Ally Financial do the same thing.  I called the CRA and they fixed it.  Was it already showing as IIB?  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  I had Ally Financial do the same thing.  I called the CRA and they fixed it.  Was it already showing as IIB?  

What is IIB?  Also, I already filed a dispute online.  Can I still call them and request they remove it?

Message 3 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is IIB?  Also, I already filed a dispute online.  Can I still call them and request they remove it?

Does the tradeline(TL) show as Included In Bankruptcy (IIB)  When I called the credit bureau, I pointed out the public record (PR) that shows discharged, the TL that shows IIB and the fact that the reported lates were after the discharge.  They saw the error in their ways and corrected it for me.  I originally did my dispute online (twice actually) and it was not corrected.  That's when I called.  If you've got other derog's or errors you're working on and aren't in a rush, You could just wait for the dispute to be finished.  But you can also call now to talk to them about your dispute.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the tradeline(TL) show as Included In Bankruptcy (IIB)  When I called the credit bureau, I pointed out the public record (PR) that shows discharged, the TL that shows IIB and the fact that the reported lates were after the discharge.  They saw the error in their ways and corrected it for me.  I originally did my dispute online (twice actually) and it was not corrected.  That's when I called.  If you've got other derog's or errors you're working on and aren't in a rush, You could just wait for the dispute to be finished.  But you can also call now to talk to them about your dispute.

Yes, it does show as included in bankruptcy.  I'm going to call the CRA(s) tommorow to ask them to remove it.  Thanks for your help on this.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me too. Not a discharged account but a charge off/closed account that was resolved with the collection agency it was sold to last year. Credit One is reporting a late payment for March 2017, I've been fighting with them for two weeks now to resolve it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.