cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharged debts repaid - should this be reflected on my credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged debts repaid - should this be reflected on my credit reports?

I am 34 months post-bankruptcy discharge. My credit scores are 651-692-651.

When I filed for chapter 13 I was involved with an unlawful termination lawsuit with my former employer. (It was the loss of my job that pushed me into bankruptcy.) The bankruptcy court was aware of the lawsuit and stipulated that any money awarded to me if I won the suit would be used to repay the discharged debts with any remainder paid to me.

I prevailed in the suit, received a sizable settlement and the BK court paid all the discharged debts.

My question is regarding how this should be reflected on my credit reports? Currently they all show “Included in bankruptcy / zero balance”.

Should I dispute these items on my reports? Should I ask that a consumer statement be included?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Discharged debts repaid - should this be reflected on my credit reports?

Nothing to dispute from your post the reporting is accurate.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.