cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounted Payment Offer on collection???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discounted Payment Offer on collection???

@RCOH wrote:

I did the search.

I found a couple that had success with a GW  request after full payment, many that didn't as well. I didn't find any that said they would agree to a PFD. I did read several that said Afni responded back to their request for a PFD with the typical "we don't not exchange payment for deletion".

After reading from the search it looks as if the settlement is my best option. As long as it reports as paid and they don't add a settled for lesser amount notation that is. It's better than paying the full amount just to have it stay on my report anyway.

I could send an email to recoveryteam@afni.com and see what they say about the settlement. If a notation would be added.

Thought's?

STOP. Answer the following before doing anything else:

First off  - have you contacted the collector in any way? Second - how long has AFNI had this account? Third - how old is this account?

Message 11 of 16
RCOH
Regular Contributor

No, I have not contacted them.

This is the information available on CCT for the account...

Experian:Equaifax AFNI.jpg

Transunion:Transunion AFNI.jpg

Equifax:Equaifax AFNI.jpg

All three have date open of 12/15 (day very), status updated 02/16. Equifax and Experian have it listed under AFNI, Transunion still has 10 Sprint listed on the accounts main page.

My best guess is AFNI has had the account since 12/15. The account is from early 2015 I believe.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 12 of 16
dave36021
Regular Contributor

You can try to get them down even lower I have had great success with most collection companies taking less then what they offered me. It can not hurt to try especially if they are going to mark it paid. Also have you tried to settle directly with Sprint ? they may pull the collection back from AFNI.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 13 of 16
RCOH
Regular Contributor

I havn't contacted Sprint or Afni. Still waiting to get all advice possible. 

I'm not doing anything until NormanFH replies to my response...Smiley Wink

That's why I don't just jump on the first suggestion posted, sometimes you get more advice. Their post made me apprehensive about doing anything yet. I'm not saying you're wrong (contact Sprint), only being cautious.

I don't want to make a knee-jerk decision that could/would hurt me more than it helps. I have until the end of June to take Afni up on their offer.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RCOH wrote:

No, I have not contacted them.

This is the information available on CCT for the account...

Experian:Equaifax AFNI.jpg

Transunion:Transunion AFNI.jpg

Equifax:Equaifax AFNI.jpg

All three have date open of 12/15 (day very), status updated 02/16. Equifax and Experian have it listed under AFNI, Transunion still has 10 Sprint listed on the accounts main page.

My best guess is AFNI has had the account since 12/15. The account is from early 2015 I believe.

OK - listen carefully and I will explain how to do this so it goes away completely with little trouble on your part. Do NOT contact AFNI. Do NOT contact Sprint. What the Telcomms typically do with defaulted accounts is they "farm them out" to CA's like AFNI, ERC, Diversified, and a few others. They will cycle them from one collector to the next every six months or so. You are almost at the six month mark with AFNI. Wait them out. They will move it to a new collector soon, just watch for a new dunning notice from a new CA. As soon as you get the notice from the new collector, pay it immediately BEFORE THEY REPORT IT (pay Sprint or the CA). They will not report it after it has already been paid - doing so cuts into their profits. AFNI will be required to remove their report when it is assigned to a new collector. If it has not been removed just dispute it with a comment of "Collector does not have collection authority for this account" and it will be deleted.

Message 15 of 16
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Alraight, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.