Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discouraged and stuck...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discouraged and stuck...

Hello All!

I've been trying to clean up my credit since Spetember2014 and I've been pretty successful, but I'm stuck on a few items that I can't for the life of me get removed no matter what I try. I have disputed, GW'd, DV'd, and even filed a complaint with the CRPB (?) 

The items:

1. Southern Cali Edison $75 paid- Disputed, GW'd via email, fax, and mail.
  2. Dept Of Veteran Affairs $ 2800 paid (over payment, never a collection or charge off) - Disputed, GW'd via mail and phone
  3. Midland Funding $1058 unpaid- Disputed, DV'd, filed complaint with CRPB (10/29/2014) 

What else can I do? I'm so frustrated and discouraged right now. I know I shouldn't give up, but I don't know what else to do with these.

Anyone?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discouraged and stuck...

Only 2 months?  That's nothing.

You have to keep on trekkin', it's a long and oftentimes boring project but they get tired from hearing from you as well.

Sometimes you have  to goodwill several times before an analyst bites.

Does Midland have a valid case?  Midland tends to pick up old accounts and try to collect on them.

And also note that these things take time.  Some people wake up one day and find that the CA finally removed the CO 3 months later

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) All you can do is continue with GW requests. Its a small amount though and depending on how old it is, may not be doing a lot of damage.

2) Consider litigation to force them to remove the derogatory. Unless you failed to report pertinant information, you should not be held accountable for their mistakes.

3) Is this a legitimate item or is it not yours?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, only twom onths, but I'm kinda on a redit deadline. Renting a house that we've been given the option to buy- by April or we have to move. 2 houses on the property, huge lot,  and the backhouse my grandmother rents. Everything redone and new everything. It's a pretty good deal for SoCal. 

Anyways, back to my issue.....

SCE $75 is due to fall off next year. So I guessit's pretty old. I moved from the apt and never received the final bill. I also didn't have a definite address to use for forwarding. 

The Dept of VA, not until 2017. It's PIF, but doesn't look that great when I'm trying to use the VA loan.

Midland falls off in Feb2015, but the sooner the better. I filed a complaint on 10/29/14, but haven't received anything from either company. I thought I would've heard something from either coompany by now. 

I've emailed the CEO for SCE 3x now. I've also faxed and sent a letter to three different addresses. NOTHING!!  Not even a "take a hike" letter. 

The VA debt, I have no idea how to get that off of my reports.. I've searched this forum over and over, but I can't find anything on here, as far as special address', plan of attack, or email. 

I need my scores up to at least 620 by April, and thery're only in the mid 500 range. 

And yes, the debts are mine. The Midland was an old T-mobile bill, which I stopped paying because of disputed charges way backin 2008. I iincluded that in my complaint to the CFPB. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you aware of the recent FTC action against T-Mobile for cramming customers? I would bring that up with Midland as leverage. Sounds like you were one of the victims.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you have in the way of positive credit lines?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did include the cramming charges with my complaint. I thought by now Midland would have deleted or something. 

I currently have 7 cc reporting positive/paid as agreed/never late. I PIF every month and pay off regularly during in between statements. 

I have some medical collections that were mistakingly placed on my reports, but those were deleted by the CA and now I'm just waiting for the CRA to catch up. I was told it can take up to45 days to see that happen. And those were reported in the last year or so. 

I do have a couple of accounts due to fall off in Feb2015, so I'm just going to wait those out. 

After that i'll have a cc with NFCU that I'm currently paying off and a Sprint bill that I thought Verizon took care of when I switched over, (guess not) which I'm making small payments on right now.

By Feb I should have a very clean report exceot for those paid collections that I'm battling right now.

Message 7 of 14
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Since one of your collections is due to fall off by 2/2015, you can try and call each CRA and ask for early deletion. See multiple threads here about this very information. Lots of people have success doing this.

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let ONE of your cards carry a small balance of <10% of its limit. That *should* give you a boost.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I messed up with one of the cards; secured WF card.  I made the payment on time, but I waited until the day OF, to pay the balance off. I thought since I have a WF checking that it would just transfer money from my checking right away, but NOPE!!!  It took 2 days to post. By then WF had already reported the extremely high balance and I took a 28pt fico score hit. 

So, that card is the only card showing a balance. But why do I want only one card to show a very low balance? What's the deal with that? I've tried to read about it here, but i just can't getthe hang of the concept.

I've actually got TU to delete a few accounts early, now I just need EX  and EQ to do the same. I've tried with EX, but they were a no-go. I think I may have tried a little too early though. I'm gonna try again in Decemeber. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.