Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discouraged and stuck...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discouraged and stuck...

@Anonymous wrote:

I messed up with one of the cards; secured WF card.  I made the payment on time, but I waited until the day OF, to pay the balance off. I thought since I have a WF checking that it would just transfer money from my checking right away, but NOPE!!!  It took 2 days to post. By then WF had already reported the extremely high balance and I took a 28pt fico score hit. 

So, that card is the only card showing a balance. But why do I want only one card to show a very low balance? What's the deal with that? I've tried to read about it here, but i just can't getthe hang of the concept.

I've actually got TU to delete a few accounts early, now I just need EX  and EQ to do the same. I've tried with EX, but they were a no-go. I think I may have tried a little too early though. I'm gonna try again in Decemeber. 

From what people have said, if you pay off completely before the statement cuts, then to the scoring model it looks like the credit is not being utilized at all. For *some* reason, and this make ABSOLUTELY no sense to me (and probably many others), FairIsaac thinks that 5-9% UTI is 'better' than PIF on everything. And yes, whoever made that decision is a moron, IMHO.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allowing a high balance to report 1 month isn't the end of the world, it will recover.

I was wondering why your score was sub-600, now I can see you have a few other baddies falling off in February along with the 3 problems you are currently dealing with.

Your score will jump ALOT when those other baddies fall off since you do have several good open tradelines.  I wouldn't stress much, 620 is definitely within reach once those baddies fall off.  I wouldn't be surprised if you jumped into 640-650

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I get it now!! It makes sense, but kinda silly.

Today seems like it was the day for updates......

I checked my reports and about 6 accts were deleted today!! 

Midland will be deleting any day now, according to their response from the CFPB complaint; which I received today! 

Unfortunately SCE responded to my email, they've updated my reports to reflect PIF, "however, they have no evidence or justifiable reason to recall the information from the credit bureaus." Smiley Sad 

That's why I was requesting GW!

(sighs) Do I continue to GW until they get tired of me and just give in? 

I just don't understand the benefits of reporting the account paid. Why not just delete it. Who is it hurting??  (sorry, brief rant) 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so!! 

I could really use that jump! 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.