Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Financial Services / LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Financial Services / LVNV

I have two baddies doing me some serious damage on my credit report.

1) Discover Financial Services / 12k / charge off / DOFD Jul 2009.

2) LVNV Funding / 4K / Collections / Original creditor DOFD Mar 2010.

Discover is reporting monthly as CO with a 12k balance, I was wondering how should I approach this or if I should just leave it alone and let it ride.

LVNV Funding, they are also reporting monthly, one issue with these guys is I have sent them a DV letter several times w/ no response, I also sent a demand letter told them to remove no response, I filed a complaint with CFPB and they attempted to collect the debt through them (still investigating).

What should I do? I havnt heard from discover in 4 or 5 years....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Financial Services / LVNV

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two baddies doing me some serious damage on my credit report.

1) Discover Financial Services / 12k / charge off / DOFD Jul 2009.

2) LVNV Funding / 4K / Collections / Original creditor DOFD Mar 2010.

Discover is reporting monthly as CO with a 12k balance, I was wondering how should I approach this or if I should just leave it alone and let it ride.

LVNV Funding, they are also reporting monthly, one issue with these guys is I have sent them a DV letter several times w/ no response, I also sent a demand letter told them to remove no response, I filed a complaint with CFPB and they attempted to collect the debt through them (still investigating).

What should I do? I havnt heard from discover in 4 or 5 years....

SOL in your state?

If a DV is not considered "timely", meaning it was sent within 30 days of recieving an initial dunning notice, it can simply be ignored. And there is no legal 'requirement' to respond, anyway. Have you ever received a dunning notice from LVNV?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its 5 years on credit cards, Im not even sure what the othere one (LVNV) is for..It was created while I was on active duty and they literally said they disnt care when it was created.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you believe its not legitimately your debt, and are willing to swear an affidavit staing you never authorized the account, then use the ID Theft provision of FCRA to get it removed and get any and all information regarding the account from LVNV.

Google FCRA 605B

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.