Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Goodwill Denial Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Goodwill Denial Experience

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't  recommend wasting energy writing goodwill letters.   They are usually not successful.     

There may have been a time when lenders were more forgiving some time ago, but not now.

That statement is completely incorrect and BAD advice. I speak from experience having a total of 6 items GW deleted since last August.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, I am baddie free on all 3 Credit Files. If it weren't for my GW success, I wouldn't be far.....

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't  recommend wasting energy writing goodwill letters.   They are usually not successful.     

There may have been a time when lenders were more forgiving some time ago, but not now.

I have read SO MANY positive GW experiences here in the forums and on CB. I wish you'd remove your post so no one else follows that advice.

It may take a few tries, but it's definitely all dependent on whose hands the letter falls into.

Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 25
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lola, if you are referring to Discover in this OP's example, that could be true. But a quick search of these threads on Goodwill deletions will say otherwise about them not being successful. Yes, there are denials, and some may be less willing to accept goodwills compared to years ago....but there are many recent success stories from them.

I think it is a route worth taking because you have nothing to lose. Maybe not in this particular case at this time for the OP, but overall. You have nothing to lose, but stand to gain a lot if successful,and you don't know if you don't try.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lola, if you are referring to Discover in this OP's example, that could be true. But a quick search of these threads on Goodwill deletions will say otherwise about them not being successful. Yes, there are denials, and some may be less willing to accept goodwills compared to years ago....but there are many recent success stories from them.

I think it is a route worth taking because you have nothing to lose. Maybe not in this particular case at this time for the OP, but overall. You have nothing to lose, but stand to gain a lot if successful,and you don't know if you don't try.

Good point on nothing to lose.   Thanks for not calling it "bad advice" LOL.   

I've read for hours....there are just not a lot of success stories compared to let downs.   But your right, it certainly won't hurt.   

In my opinon, the chances are better if the late is older than a year.  

Mortgage lates and student loan lates (unless they are rehabbed) rarely get goodwilled.    A 30 day has a much better chance than a 60 90 120 day.  

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read for hours....there are just not a lot of success stories compared to let downs.   But your right, it certainly won't hurt.   

Mortgage lates and student loan lates (unless they are rehabbed) rarely get goodwilled.    A 30 day has a much better chance than a 60 90 120 day.  

Where did you get this data?

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where did you get this data?

Good question......

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mortgage rehab?

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mortgage rehab?

I read that as rehabbed student loan lates.  She is correct that mortage and student loan lates are rarely goodwilled.  Rehabbed SL do have many late marks removed.  Nothing incorrect in that statement.
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the data for GW failures versus successes? Can you link it please? I'd be curious to know which companies give more success than others.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.