Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT, Barclays or CapOne QS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT, Barclays or CapOne QS?

I'll wait until my installment loan hits 6 months to show payment history and then I'll app for Discover. I'm hoping that pushes me over 600 if not, I'll hold out until I get over 600.

Every time a payment reports on a credit card or installment loan, does it usually raise your score? So far for me it has.. I'm curious if I'll see a big jump when my first Credit Card payment reports 

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
Now as to your question who pulls what. I see in your siggy you are using all fakos. Ck score. Credit sesame score. And quizzle score. First thing first. While these sites are good for monitoring change. Their scores are useless.
Spend a little change and get the 3 bureau report here from myfico to see where you really stand and get true strong advice. You are right. Cap 1 pulls all 3. Barclay pulls Transunion almost always. And discover pulls Equifax. Sometimes experian. But mostly Equifax.

I'm well aware that they're FAKO scores. I also understand the difference between FICO/FAKO. 

Message 12 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well then maybe all your scores are over 600 right now. If that is your barometer for apping. Most cases. Those scores are 40 plus points off. So who knows. You may be good to go.
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to wait it out.

I'd rather wait a bit before apping.

Message 14 of 36
Loques
Regular Contributor

It's still a good idea to get all 3 FICO so you truly know where you stand.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax isn't generating a FICO score yet according to MyFico which makes no sense cause, I get letters from banks when I had gotten denied for a card (Captial One) stating what my FICO score was.

So, I'm waiting until November to check my FICO scores when I have at least 6 months of payment history.

Merrick Bank gives me a Transunion FICO score which I will have in a couple days when my first statement closes.

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't have any of those cards, but my oldest Cap One has a $5K limit and is 12+ years old. Have also racked up several other Cap One cards over the years. IMHO they're far and away the least strict lender I've ever dealt with. I used to also work at a car dealership, and Cap One was one of our biggest second-chance lenders, meaning if a customer didn't get approved for a reasonable rate through one of our prime lenders, there was a good chance they'd get approved through Cap One with like a 15+% interest rate.

In my experience, Discover is a pain to get a approved with. ~670 TU FICO, never a late payment or any other derogs, $70K income of 2 years, but 90% util ($20K revolving debt), and they won't touch me. Not even with a toy limit. I think I've apped with them at least 3 times over the last two years. Instant denials every time.

Having said that, I'm sure you could find someone on this forum with the exact opposite story though, so worth reiterating these were only my experiences. Good luck.

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 friends of mine that both have Discover and one has a 630 and another had a 650 something.

Guess, everyone has a different experience.

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 friends of mine that both have Discover and one has a 630 and another had a 650 something.

Guess, everyone has a different experience.

I'm guessing they probably have low utils. Discover probably puts a lot of emphasis on that, like most lenders.

Cap One seems to care less, offsetting it by handing out toy limits. Just my experience.

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 40 on my TU so, I got you beat Smiley Wink

But, most of them are auto so they count as one.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.