Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT, Barclays or CapOne QS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT, Barclays or CapOne QS?

I have been instantly denied with Discover twice with my current scores. My utilization is 1% every month and less than 7 inquiries on every bureau. Honestly, I don't think a 600 score will get you approved.

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't apply with just a 600 score.. I would never with a 600 score.. I would go if I had above that.

Again, every one is different.. I have seen some get approved with absoluelty no credit but a car reporting and getting approved (2 actually and got started with $1000 limit)

They were both 19 years old with not much income.

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

How far above 600 do you mean? 620? 630? There is probably over a 90% chance you'd be declined. No one is here to misguide you, just to offer advice based on our experience. If you choose to argue it and ignore it, that's on you. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not arguing or ignoring anything..

Mutiple people been approved with Discover with different scores. One user posted and said they got approved for Discover.. I have seen 2 get approved for Discover on my own experience.

I'll decide to app at some point and then go from there.

You should try to recon Discover Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 36
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

I have a 4+ year BK reporting, and finally got a Discover after apping a few times through the years. It is my lowest limit, but I'm glad to be in with them. They are not real friendly until you put some years between the bad times and the good times. They pulled EQ which was 706.

Barclays gave me the Priceline card about a year after BK, and they have grown from a little over 1K to almost 10K now. They pull TU normally.

CapOne has also grown from 500 to 5K, and they are eager to give CLI's if you call the Executive Office and they can see a ton of use and payments. They will pull all 3, so if you have a real bad one freeze it beforehand, but leave at least 2 available.

So, I wouldn't waste an app with Discover, and try for the CapOne or Barclays or both. Good luck!

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have argued every point that someone makes when they advise you against applying by saying you've seen people get it. If you knew your own answer, why ask? Everyone here is just trying to help you since, after all, you did ask.

Message 26 of 36
scorpiyo
Valued Member

I got approved for a Barclay card.  Score at the time of approval was 627 TU.  I applied for a Discover card and was denied.  Never tried for the capitalone QS card.  I think you would have a better chance at the QS or Barclay card.  I think Barclay would be more generous with their credit limit then captial one would be.  Good luck!

Chapter 7 discharge 9/1/15

Starting scores EQ - 571 / TU - 548 / EX - 579
Message 27 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

Who knows. He may get offer for secured like other kid who knows it all. I say bare bones minimum should be eq or ex 670. To have good chance. But his friend got 650. So maybe. Maybe not.
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys,

I'm not claming I know it all.. I'm only talking about from experience. I obviously wanted everyone's opinion or I wouldn't asked for it.

Can we all get along and be respectful, please?

Thanks. If you don't have anthing nice to say, don't say anything at all. 

Message 29 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well when I apped discover. I did get it. And imo it is a high quality card worth the wait. My eq at that time was 683. Which is what they pulled. My util was about 12% and 1 old collection 4 years old. But paid. Maybe that will help you. They do tu for cli.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.