Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
Jhm_13
Established Member

Discover IT

Just got my Discover card in the mail last night. First credit card I've had in a long time so it's a nice milestone to reach in my rebuilding process!

Starting Score: EX 605 EQ 675 TU 665
Current Score: EX 605 EQ 675 TU 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT

Congrats! I had tried applying for it but they rejected saying I need a co-applicant. I am planning to try it again after 6 months or so when my current accounts age a bit. How many inquiries you have on your reports?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 2 of 12
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! How did your CR look when you got approced? I'm trying to get an unsecured card in my wallet, but just got disapproved for a Paypal MC yesterday.

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 3 of 12
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! I was recently approved too and so far so great. The CC forums have more info about the perks of the card so that could be a great resource. Btw, fancy packaging for such an item, eh? lol

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Message 4 of 12
Jhm_13
Established Member

They pulled EQ for me. I had 2 inquiries. I have a few paid off collections and AAoA of 7 years. When I pulled myfico EQ it said 675 but when I got the card Discover had me at 649. When I apped online, I got the 5-7 day message and called immediately and the CSR was really nice. Ended up approving me right then. Only an $800 CL but it's a start. Hope this helps!

Starting Score: EX 605 EQ 675 TU 665
Current Score: EX 605 EQ 675 TU 665
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 12
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info! I need to work a little more then. MyFICO has me at 670 right now with about 5 inquiries (just bought a car in April), 2 Midland accounts, a house currently in short sale indicating 90 days late for the past 5 months (hopefully the short sale will complete in the next 30 days or I'm going to lose my buyer), and a few old paid charge offs from 2010. Maybe next year I'll be able to get a big boy card again!

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 6 of 12
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@Jhm_13 wrote:
They pulled EQ for me. I had 2 inquiries. I have a few paid off collections and AAoA of 7 years. When I pulled myfico EQ it said 675 but when I got the card Discover had me at 649. When I apped online, I got the 5-7 day message and called immediately and the CSR was really nice. Ended up approving me right then. Only an $800 CL but it's a start. Hope this helps!
Same situation. I knew something was up when I was asked to set up account access online after completing the application. I thought the low credit limit was due to my response of what I planned to do with the card and me wanting to purchase a new cellphone outright (without upgrading and restarting my plan) to replace my dead cellphone. 
Also, it is my understanding that there are many FICOS floating around (Automotive, Credit Card, Mortgage, etc.....) but it is uncanny that my score was also 649, 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jhm_13 wrote:
Just got my Discover card in the mail last night. First credit card I've had in a long time so it's a nice milestone to reach in my rebuilding process!

Congrats 

Treat it well as its a major bank and accomplishment on your part.

You're on the way to an excellent credit profile.

Be sure and sign up for the 5% gas this quarter and congrats again 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 12
beachwanttobetterfico
Valued Member

Just got mine a couple weeks ago...It was a surprise. Had not applied for anything, got an "invitation" to apply and thought what the heck...Got approved for $1000...not great but its a start. Discover pulled a 664 EQ, last pull from this website was May 28th and was EQ 662...I have been using it and paying it off within a couple of days...Hope to get a CIL in a few months...

Message 9 of 12
benandjerry
Regular Contributor

Just under 6 months in the USA, and have been steadily building credit history. After reading on acceptance policy for the discover card I took a chance to apply. 

It came back it would be reviewed and I would be notified of the decision. 

I checked online on their website today, and I was approved! No idea what the limit will be, but at this stage I'm happy with it period since it's another opportunity to build a good score Smiley Happy

$1250                $4000              $15,000            $11,000         $1000(secured)      CLOSED!                  $5000        2.65%:
Starting Score: 0 (03/01/13) &Current Score: TU FICO 791 CK755 CS747 QZ747 &Goal Score: 750 new goal:800 garden since 03/21/14
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.