Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Card for students

tag
NewYxox
New Contributor

Discover It Card for students

Today I got a letter in the mail inviting me to apply for this card. I really though my credit score was in the low 500's high 400's so would it even be worth applying and them running my credit for this..has anyone else had any experience with this card? I also never have recieved a letter inviting me to apply for a card so I thought this was highly weird lol.

FICO EQ score as of 2/20/14; 546
FICO TU score as of 2/28/14; 492
FICO EX score as of 2/28/14; 551
Goal: 650 across all 3 by 12/2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tli
Valued Member

Re: Discover It Card for students

I got an offer in past, sent it in and was denied. But you might be approved for secured card if denied.

FICO 08 Scores Dec15: EX 644 EQ 641 TU 651
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NewYxox wrote:

Today I got a letter in the mail inviting me to apply for this card. I really though my credit score was in the low 500's high 400's so would it even be worth applying and them running my credit for this..has anyone else had any experience with this card? I also never have recieved a letter inviting me to apply for a card so I thought this was highly weird lol.

Welcome to the forum 

Don't apply your scores are to low at this time

Wait until your scores hit the mid 600 range before applying for any prime cards ....sorry just being honest and keeping you from wasted HP's 

Continue to work on CR's and you'll be there in no time 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
NewYxox
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice! I decided not to apply anyway because like you said my scores are too low for me to be approved I just know it! So yes that would be a waste of an inquiry on my reports. Even though reading about all the benefits was so tempting. Dang I can't wait until my score is up there for me to take advantage of all this stuff. I'm so much smarter now about credit cards then I was a couple years back, which caused me to get in this mess! lol

FICO EQ score as of 2/20/14; 546
FICO TU score as of 2/28/14; 492
FICO EX score as of 2/28/14; 551
Goal: 650 across all 3 by 12/2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.