Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured Card Unboxing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Secured Card Unboxing

Everyone I have my new discover secured card in the mail I was very impressed by the packaging when I got it I did not realize that it was a Discover card I was thinking what did I get in the mail I don't know if this is what did I order. And then as I pull it out I see this silver packet and what is this and then when its what I saw the words discover I was so so happy so here is some pictures of me opening my new card any idea when to report to my credit report? Oh crap help I can't figure out how to add pictures on here somebody please help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured Card Unboxing

It reports fast.  I got the alerts that the account hit all three credit reports before I even got my card last week.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 2 of 8
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the card!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks i am soooo excited

Message 4 of 8
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

They do know how to present a card ;-)  I was surprised by the box and packaging as well.  Beyond thrilled with their customer service.

Also, I just changed mine today from Chrome to IT.  When I was looking at the cashback differences, I think I will get a lot more use out of the 5% categories (and of course the double cashback rocks).  I chatted with a great rep online today and she switched me from the Chrome to the IT.  Just a fyi - it is an option depending on what you will use the card for.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you have both secured 

Message 6 of 8
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Do you mean - can you have 2 secured cards with them?  If that is what you are asking, I don't know.

If you are asking if you can switch the secure Chrome to a secure IT, yes, that is what I did.  They just change the info online on your cashback.  It will go back into effect the day after your next statement cuts.  No changes with the card - same card number, etc.  They will just mail you a copy of the changes in your cashback rewards.  Other than the rewards, there isn't any other difference. Both cards have great rewards, but I will use the 5% categories a lot more than gas and restaurants. Plus, it will be great to double the 5%! 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to apply for the unsecured version in hopes to get the secured offer but never did. Its hard to understand why they have the secured version if you cant even apply for it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.