Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It secured card

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Discover It secured card

Anyone else have one? I applied for the regular version but was denied they offered me their secured version, can graduate or add unsecured increase after 12 months. Jumped on it naturally, I figured the cash would be well worth it. lol
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It secured card

I didn't know discover had a secured card!  I would love to see the responses from everyone else on this because if so I'm interested in applying!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 37
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure you can directly apply for it, or at least I've never seen that option. But great card no annual fee and same rewards structure as the regular discover it
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 3 of 37
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

The only thing that sucks is that they don't allow additional deposits after the initial deposit, yet. So whatever line you choose is what you're stuck with.
Message 4 of 37
msbia
Established Contributor

Hey there, I actually have this card as well after being deniied the regular IT card. It is just like the normal card with the exception of the secured part. Your initial deposit, minimum $200 is your secured amount and cannot be raised. I was told by a rep that they may consider graduating the card after a year or so, but others have stated differently. At any rate I was grateful for an "in" with Discover, even if secured. You can ONLY get this offer if denied for a regular card btw.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 5 of 37
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Same here, i have enough credit but this one was attractive because of rewards and also to diversify portfolio. Plus the free Fico but I already have that from Barclays. Also was told the same things by rep, glad they offer an in to not so great profiles.
Message 6 of 37
msbia
Established Contributor

Well, I am slowly building. I have a Fico score now of 655 and while I don't have the best cards out there I do have a secured USAA Amex, a secured Visa through my credit union, the Discover IT secured, Walmart, Amazon, Care Credit, Chevron and Gap and my other credit union just approved me for an unsecured Visa with a $1k CL, so not bad. I am keeping my util at 5% and PIF when the statements cut. I was so pleased to get the Discover in February and know that in a year or so that I should be well on my way to good credit! Thanks for posting.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 37
mebell
Regular Contributor

Nice, I didn't know either that they offered secured versions.

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 37
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I applied for the Discover It, got denied and was also offered the secured version. Money was withdrawn from my acccount on 3/17 and I'm waiting for the card in the mail now. I'm excited!

Message 9 of 37
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I'm especially thrilled with no AF and 5%
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.