Contributor
fixingitohio

Discover, PIF and reporting to CRA's - strategy question

I applied for an received a shiny new Discover back in April.  I'm trying to show some heavy usage and requisite PIF.

Statement was from Apr 10 to May 23 (first statement), due June 18.  I PIF'd the statement balance this evening so the payment will post before the due date leaving a balance of about $20 (no interest, no fees, yay!).

Statement closes on 6/23 (I presume) and the last report date was 5/23 (which corresponds with the statement date).  

If I want to get best "reporting" out of this, do I need to leave it alone until 6/24 to start using it again so it reports the new statement balance of $20 to the CRA?

I have a second CC I'm also going to pay before the statement date and goal is to get them to both report for a combined ~ 9% utilization, but wanted some clarity on when I can "use" them again.

Also thanks to this forum, I've learned so much and cleaned up so much.  Never thought when I started 3 months ago I'd be PIF'ing Discover card.  Such a rush!

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
guiness56

Re: Discover, PIF and reporting to CRA's - strategy question

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}