Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover, PIF and reporting to CRA's - strategy question

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

Discover, PIF and reporting to CRA's - strategy question

I applied for an received a shiny new Discover back in April.  I'm trying to show some heavy usage and requisite PIF.

Statement was from Apr 10 to May 23 (first statement), due June 18.  I PIF'd the statement balance this evening so the payment will post before the due date leaving a balance of about $20 (no interest, no fees, yay!).

Statement closes on 6/23 (I presume) and the last report date was 5/23 (which corresponds with the statement date).  

If I want to get best "reporting" out of this, do I need to leave it alone until 6/24 to start using it again so it reports the new statement balance of $20 to the CRA?

I have a second CC I'm also going to pay before the statement date and goal is to get them to both report for a combined ~ 9% utilization, but wanted some clarity on when I can "use" them again.

Also thanks to this forum, I've learned so much and cleaned up so much.  Never thought when I started 3 months ago I'd be PIF'ing Discover card.  Such a rush!

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover, PIF and reporting to CRA's - strategy question

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.