Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured Credit Card

After One year and three months, Discover has graduated my secured credit card to unsecured.  Happy times Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Credit Card

Congrats on getting unsecured!! Now to see how it grows for you
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, do you mind sharing what your starting limit was, what you unsecured to and what your FICO is? I just got a secured Discover for my BF this month and want to put him in the best position when it comes time to unsecure.

Congrats again!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats, do you mind sharing what your starting limit was, what you unsecured to and what your FICO is? I just got a secured Discover for my BF this month and want to put him in the best position when it comes time to unsecure.

Congrats again!

I open it with $600 deposit, and my score was 572.

they unsecured it only to the $600 that i had deposit, my fico, based on their statement, is 639

I did requested a credit increase, and they will let me know in two days...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After One year and three months, Discover has graduated my secured credit card to unsecured.  Happy times Smiley Very Happy

UPDATE!!!

So, I requested a CLI and was denied Smiley Sad they said that they have to see how I manage the unsecured account before they can give me a CLI...  Oh well, I guess I'll wait three months.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer. You'd think having the secured card that long would count for a lot.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a question: how did you get your deposit back? Did they give you a statement credit or did they refund your bank account? I just got upgraded from a secured CapOne Platinum to unsecured and they gave me my $100 deposit back as a statement credit. Curious how it works with Discover. Thanks and congrats!

Message 8 of 10
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a question: how did you get your deposit back? Did they give you a statement credit or did they refund your bank account? I just got upgraded from a secured CapOne Platinum to unsecured and they gave me my $100 deposit back as a statement credit. Curious how it works with Discover. Thanks and congrats!

I opened mine almost 2 years ago and still has not unsecured.  My wifes did at 1 year and they mailed her a check to refund her deposit.  I wonder if me rasiing the limit reset the clock.  I kept adding money to it.  Started out at the min and rasised it to 1500 limit.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They sent me a check for the deposit amount.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.