Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Chrome Secured/Product change

tag
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Discover it Chrome Secured/Product change

Has anyone been sucessful in product changing from Chrome to the IT cards recently? I'm interested in getting the 5% cashback on revolving catagories but was told by new accounts that its not possible. But I know i have read where people have done this.

Thanks

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Chrome Secured/Product change

Yes I just did it last week through chat. It takes effect at the end of your current statement.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had the card for a year?
Message 3 of 22
msbia
Established Contributor

You can do it as soon as you,activate,the card. My husband got his Chrome secured last week, and got on chat and asked about it. The rep said he could PC to the 5% it card, but dh changed his mind. Try a chat representative. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAAATT??!!  I did not know that we could do this.....  Off to research I go. 

Message 5 of 22
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys. I will def try once i get my card. Has anyone tried to increase the Credit Limit? If so how long did it take for the new deposit to reflect in your avail credit?

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

You can do it as soon as you,activate,the card. My husband got his Chrome secured last week, and got on chat and asked about it. The rep said he could PC to the 5% it card, but dh changed his mind. Try a chat representative. 

They PCd a Chrome secured card to an IT card? 

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chatted last night about it, but was unable to change since my statement closes tonight. They said they would have no problem doing it on Friday.

It's not a card change; it's a rewards program change. You'll still have a Discover secured card (same number and card), you'll just go from the Chrome rewards program to the IT quarterly rewards program.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I chatted last night about it, but was unable to change since my statement closes tonight. They said they would have no problem doing it on Friday.

It's not a card change; it's a rewards program change. You'll still have a Discover secured card (same number and card), you'll just go from the Chrome rewards program to the IT quarterly rewards program.

I did the same thing over a week ago! It will take effect at the beginning of my next statement cycle, which I believe is around the 6-7 of May. It is just a change in rewards programs like you said.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scorpiostinger I increased my credit limit also. It took effect about 5 days after they withdrew the funds. Funds were withdrawn next day after requesting to increase CL.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.