Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Chrome Secured/Product change

tag
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover it Chrome Secured/Product change

Awesome!! Glad to hear they will PC the rewards to the 5%. I have some big purchases slated for Amazon and really want the 5% lol. Also thanks for the info on the CLI. I cant wait to get my card and start earning the cash back. I think this has to be the best Secured card in terms of earning cashback rewards,

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I changed mine after the first billing cycle. it just took effect on the 20th. I get 5% cash back on restaurant purchases. a very good deal if you ask me.
Message 12 of 22
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much to everyone in the thread for this info!

Easiest thing ever via chat!

Message 13 of 22
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

I swear it seems like it takes for ever for the card to arrive. Either that or im impatient lol. My status finally changed to Congats you account was approved. Now just waiting on the email that my card was shipped.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

I swear it seems like it takes for ever for the card to arrive. Either that or im impatient lol. My status finally changed to Congats you account was approved. Now just waiting on the email that my card was shipped.

It does take forever for the card to arrive.  Mine took almost three weeks from the time I was approved to when it was in my hand.  Thats the only gripe Ive had about it so far.  It is an outstanding card, it doesnt even feel like a secured card with all of the perks you get with it

Message 15 of 22
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

mine took about 2 weeks to say approved even though I already knew I was. I called in lol!!! I got the card about a week later.
Message 16 of 22
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

I cant wait to rack up the cashback. And the fact that they match it for the first 12 months is amazing. Discover will replace my Check Card. I plan to CLI to $1000 at a min and I hope to get it maxed out at $2500. This has to be 1 of the TOP 3 secured cards available at this time. I have 1 other Secured Card through American Airlines Credit union the only thing that I like about is the APR is 12.49 percent. Not that it matters I PIF every month.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover's secured card is has a $2500 limit?

Message 18 of 22
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

I believe that secured has a max of $2500

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

I believe that secured has a max of $2500

You are correct.  I've gotten my limit to $2k.  Had considered the 2500, but as I'm approaching a year there is no point.  Hoping it will unsecure next month. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.