Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it finally said yes to me!!!

tag
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Discover it finally said yes to me!!!

Last night I applied for Discover while chatting with a representative. I was very hesitant since I know that they pull Equifax in NYC and I was declined twice this year.  I went ahead and applied and the application came back not approved, then it went on to say we have another card that may suit you something to that affect.  I then click accept heart racing and BAM!! I was approved for $1,400.00.  Within the past two days I was approved for Amazon prime $700, Wal-Mart store card $1,000 (declined twice this year) and Discover It $1,400.00 the biggest limit so far. I also joined Pen Fed but was declined for the Promise card and decline for Barclays (I have given up on Barclays).

When I started in Feb I had collections, charge offs, to many to count tax liens and judgments)

Student loans and 120 days late cap one  QS.

I will be gardening until my scores are close to 700 or until I get a pre-approval offer in the mail. I will also continue to check to see if anything will come up for any of the pre qualifiers on line. 

My goals are to get one travel card an American Express, and a Pen Fed and apply for a mortgage.

Never give up on your dreams!!

February 2016-TU: 470, EQ 474 EX: 481

September 2016- TU: 679, EX 636, EQ: 626

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it finally said yes to me!!!

Congrats!

You've come a long way!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job, I got apporved for Walmart not too long and Discover is my next victim.

Message 3 of 4
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Awesome job. You should have some great results in the garden with those cards. The Walmart will increase big time in 6 months, and you can grow that Discover as well. Nice job

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.