Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover switch from AU to Joint

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover switch from AU to Joint

@llecs wrote:
OP's post is about Discover. Does anyone know if Discover reports AU's?

I guess I misunderstood the original post.

Discover does report AU's.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just repeating what the CSR told meSmiley Happy. Likely just bad info......she also told me something else that I found out false. Or maybe it depends on the card or something. I agree with the others though, if being an AU gives the same benefits, go with that. Same benefits, more options down the road.

Options are good!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't know if its because at the time, we weren't married, they weren't reporting.  We finally updated the name on the card, so maybe it will report now?
Message 13 of 14

I was told that as long as the Cardholder and the AU have the same address that it gets reported.

If the CRA supresses it, you should be able to open a dispute and fax them a copy of your marriage license.

I'm not sure if making an AU a joint acct holder will make much difference in getting their own card.

I do know Discover is very sensitive to derogs on your reports, so if your reports are clean and

just thin, give it a year or 2 then apply. If your reports have derogs, work on those. If your reports

are good as-is, then you dont need to be made Joint owner and could just apply for your own card.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.