Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover will make a mistake with me

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Discover will make a mistake with me

Short story, my mom is 76 defaulted with them, they sent a letter saying they will seek a  judgement. I called and said you can not touch her Social Security good luck with that. He said yes we can.....Apparently he doesn't no the law LMAO......Waiting on the outcome with this one.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover will make a mistake with me

Just make sure NOTHING else goes into her bank account other than her SS money, otherwise they can.

Message 2 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

The only this that goes into her bank account is her Social Security thank god!!!!!!

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they do get a judgment they can try to levy her bank account.  If it did happen your mom would have to prove only her SS money went into the account.  I think it would have to go back 2 years.  Then they would have to return her money.

It does happen all the time.

But that is putting the cart before the horse so to speak.  First they have to get a judgment in order to even get a levy.  Then there would be notice and you could notify the bank well before it happened.

Something similar happened to my mom on a car loan.  When I called the bank I told them she only drew SS and they told me flat out, we can't touch that.

Message 4 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Yea, I just told her to call her bank and let them know.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.