Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy between Transunion and Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepancy between Transunion and Equifax

High,

My Equifax fico score is 761 while my Transunion fico score is 788.  Looking into the details of each, i see that Equifax is reporting late payment on any account i co-signed on several years back.  That account was opened in April 2004, is marked 30day late in July, Aug and Sept, and finally the account was paid and closed in Dec 2004.  Transunion does not show this account.

Should this account be removed from Equifax given that it is more than 5 years old, was paid and also given that i was a co-signer and not the primary?

Also, i note that Equifax shows 1 hard inquiry while Transunion shows 2 in the last year.

Over at Experian, they are showing 4 in the last two years. 

One hard check that all three are showing will be removed, as it was not authorized and i recieved in writing from the company that initiated it that they did so in error.

There are however 2 additional inqueries from 2009 showing on Experian which i do not recognize. These do not show up on Equifax and Transunion. Should even bother trying to get these removed given that they are not showing up on the Equifax and Transunion fico reports?

Thanks much

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discrepancy between Transunion and Equifax

I take it by your screen name and by the "5-yr" comment that you live in NY? I think the NY-CRTP 5-yr only applies to CO'd TLs and CAs. I don't think lates on non-CO'd TLs apply. BTW, is the car note one of your younger TLs? Is your AAoA younger on EQ than TU because of this account? That could be the cause for the score change. I don't think the lates are harming you at all (the damage diminishes by 2 yrs on a 30).

How about balances? TU is slower to update, IME. Are your CC balances exactly the same for both reports? If util is higher on EQ or if there are more TLs carrying a balance on EQ, then that can cause a score change too. Also, IME, EQ is more sensitive to util than TU.

I'd skip the inquiries. They stop impacting your FICO score past 1 yr. Plus disputing them will likely result in a FA (which is something you may want if someone stole your identity).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.