Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in information reported to credit reporting agencies

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Discrepancy in information reported to credit reporting agencies

Hi Community,

I am working diiligently to understand when an account will be purged from my credit report.  I have disputed the information via each credit reporting agency with no success.  

All credit reporting agencies show the account as a charged-off.  However, each credit reporting agency has a different date in terms of when the account is expected to fall off my credit report.  

Experian is suggesting that the account will be removed 4/2014 whle Equifax says that the account will be removed 11/2015.  Ultimately, how should I proceed to determine which date is accurate?  

Should I contact the creditor directly, or should I dispute the information again via the credit reporting agency?

Your help is greatly appreciated as I hope to purchase a home soon and I want to take care of this quickly.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Discrepancy in information reported to credit reporting agencies

EQ removes based on the actual DoFD that should be on your report.  EX estimates a fall off date based on information given to them by the creditor.

I would contact the OC and see what they have for the DoFD.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discrepancy in information reported to credit reporting agencies

.... or else get a credit report that shows the reported DOFD, or request the reported DOFD from the CRA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.